The Power of Produce (POP) Club is farmers market-based children program, that seeks to teach children about fruits and vegetables, local food systems, and healthy food preparation through fun activities.
Participants engage in the full farmers market experience by trying new foods, having conversations with farmers, and buying local produce. Fun monthly activities ranging from cooking demonstrations to farmers market scavenger hunts provide nutrition, food, agriculture, and exercise education to the children and families that participate each week.
POP Club kids are encouraged to try new healthy foods and overcome picky eating through exposure to healthy food options in a fun and exciting environment. Through the Two-Bite Club, POP participants are rewarded for taking two bites of the featured fruit or vegetable, and receive vouchers to spend on the foods of their choice at the market. These vouchers also serve to empower kids, by giving them the purchasing power to buy from farmers and local vendors at the market.
HOW IT WORKS
- Visit Uptown Marion Market and register your child for POP Club! and get your POP Passport.
- Complete fun monthly activities like plant a seed, strawberry hand painting, coloring, try a vegetable, and the blender bike!
- After getting your passport stamped, receive POP Bucks to shop at our produce vendors. Once you've made your selection be sure to record it in your passport.
- Return POP Passports to the POP Club tent. These need to stay at the market until next month.
- Come back each month, grab your passport and enjoy the fun!
POP Bucks are limited to the first 30 children at each market date. Children must be between the ages of 5-12 to receive POP Bucks. Activities are open to all children while supplies last.
Thank you to our POP Club Partner